Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lesson learned

As a wellness consultant you'd think I'd know better. I have all of the studies, all of the statistics, that prove human beings must rest and refresh themselves to avoid the dire consequences not doing so puts on your body. It's bad stuff, and it's my business to know that it's bad stuff. Stress is the Black Plague of the 21st Century.

And it's not like I hate what I'm doing; I love it, it's a blast, I feel as though I am doing what I was born to do...but, even so, rest and replenishment are essential.

This past week was incredible. If you were there, you know what I mean; if you weren't, you should have been. You learn best by association, that is, by watching and listening to others who possess certain attributes and skills you wish that you had. This week was a smorgasbord for absorbing such lessons.

But despite the opportunity you still have to give yourself a chance to let the adrenaline drain away and to regain your mental and physical equilibrium.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment